Saturday, May 28, 2005

Summay for the past few days that I went missing.... =P

Wednesday 24 May 05 - Went Tanjong Pagar for my camp instructor interview. Got the job on the spot straight. Had debriefing straight cause the camp was just next day. Then went back grand's place for dinner with Janice. After that went to borrow camp stuffs from Janice before heading home to pack my bag. Read through the camp notes etc and slept so late. zZz.

Thursday 25 May 05 - woke up late!!! woke up at 6.45am when I'm supposed to be on my way to Bedok Town secondary school. Supposed to reach the school by 7am. Yet I left only at that time. =x Raining heavily, saw lao shi. Then talked abit. Took a cab all the way there and to realise that the uncle speaks hokkien?! *faintz* Finally reached there, saw Mrs Tang! Gawd...didn't know that she's teaching there now too. So happy to see her. Haha...and realised that I wasn't the only instructor that's late. Faz was late too, then both of us like blur sotong went round the hall looking for the entrance cause all locked. zZz. Had a short debrief then gathered with the students for spot check liao. Confiscated so many of their stuffs. Took attendance and left for Sentosa. Reached there, played ice breaking games, cheers, banner etc. Then had lunch and check them in. Arranged their beds, alocated them the beds then went to the office(instructors dom) to settle our own stuffs. Then we had our low elements & station games for Major group A which consists of groups 1-7. After that was wash up & dinner. Then we had song session to prepare for kidnapped. Played kidnapped and that really drain me out. Run round the whole campsite to look for one single camper that's supposed to be kidnapped. -_- And in between, we gotta play games and gain the key to the locks that lock our kidnappie. But all I can say is it really bond my group together. After that was supper and debriefing for the campers and off to bed! After lights out, instructors got debriefing for the day and briefing for the next. Only ended at 2+ then we were able to shower. By the time we set our beds and all, it was 3+ Just managed to shut my eyes for 5mins, it started raining and the kids were up. zZz and it was only 4. The rest of the instructors were too tired to be bothered about them. So I was like the walking zombie asking them to go back to sleep and making sure they stayed in their dom. Feed back was sent back to the Camp In Charge next morning.


Friday 26 May 05 - Still raining when we gathered the kids for morning PT. Supposed to run but due to the rain, did lame yet fun PT exercises. Which is good too cause I wasn't looking forward to the run since I've got a tirring shedule later in the day. After PT, had breakfast then set off to the beach for rafting. Rafting was horrible. But well, my group had the best raft. We didn't have to 'repair' the raft. But the current was too big, so my campers went with the current and landed themselves at the bridge. One got cuts on his knee. -_- And other groups were worse? The raft gave way half the race and all fell in the sea. and they had to restart. And instructors by the beach like me had to keep the rest of them away from the sea. zZz. Seriously not an easy task. Gotta get your 'kids' to listen and cooperate with you. And I'm glad my kids are that guai after the first day. So all I did was to bother about my neighbour's kids. Race was called off due to time constrain and heavy current. Then sent the kids off to wash up. Damn. I'm still wondering how I got the cut at my leg when I didn't even go far in the water due to my knee wound. -_- Had lunch, cleared the beach, then set off for Amazing Race. Its great & fun but tirring. And I've got to take care of my bai ka kid. Well, at least I heard from the kids mouth that they want fun more than winning the race. So I bend the rules abit alot. Closed eyes and let them pass each station. Even skipped one station for them. But made more roadblocks myself so they can have more fun. =D Got sunburn too. =( And I'm named Lame Lobster by my fellow instructors for being so lame.
Amazing Race, we reached 3rd. No prizes for being 3rd. But still, I was happy to see that they learn teamwork, and how to take care of their friends. How they will slow down and wait for one another, no more jeering, instead, all the cheering. When everyone reached, had our campfire preparation. Watched my 'tv' since campfire theme was TV shows. My group was seriously great. They performed White Chicks, Gatsby, Titanic, Calsbreg, The Eye. And that was just a rehersal. Then sent them off to shower. Its seriously hard to get the attention of 400+ kids. but im glad im only handling 30 kids. My group of 15 + my mirror group's 15. Its more than enough. And its so easy to get them to work with you. Just threathen them with FOOD. -evil smirks- Had dinner, prepared abit for campfire and set off to campfire. Saw 3rainbows today. B-E-A-U-TI-FUL. At night. Stars were nice too. Perhaps its just me. I'm not too sure. Taught my campers to appreciate the rainbow, stars, and moon. If only I can sleep by the beach instead of going back to the campsite after the campfire.

Friday 27 May 05 - Great night rest. Okie la. Slept for 2hours only. Why? Cause after debriefing last night, Sneak out of camp with some other instructors for supper. And kids were warned and NOT allowed to step out of beds till 6am even if they are awake. No noise should be made. Anyone caught will be referred to the teachers. And if there was really a need for nature's call, they are to refer to the instructors sleeping with them in the dom. LoLz. My feed back was great. Everyone slept well. =D Had area cleaning, then set off to the beach. Reflection & breakfast by the beach. Got some great comments from my campers. Sure gonna miss them. Had prize presentation, closing debriefing then walked back to the campsite. Well, my group didnt get any prize, but I guess I gave them the best comfort and biggest prize of all. A bottle of Sprite during Amazing Race, another bottle of coke the night before. When its totally not allowed. And the comfort, I told them. The best thing you gain is not the prize, but the friendship and hardship you guys went throughout in this camp. How you learn to give and take, help out each other and really care for each other like your very own family. And you guys stated that you wana have fun & not winning. You guys had your fun, so keep the winning to others since in our hearts, we know we're already winners. Prizes aint important. On the bus ride home, rewarded them with oreos that I promised during the race. If I see what I want and expect from them, they can get what they want from me. =D & the biggest return comfort from them was, a cheer made for me. Really entertained me alot in the bus on the way back to their school. Even my mirror group instructor was jealous of it. LoLx. Played alot in the bus. Even had our banana dance, and I even performed for them. Haha...That's when I really felt my place & appreciated by my kids. I'm gonna miss the whole bunch of them.

PS: Are your teeth covered black with oreos? =P

Thought of you at... |5/28/2005 09:51:00 pm|

_____________

.LoVe Me.


*MiCheLLe*
*single*
*twentyfour*
*231083*

.DeSiReS.


*slim down*
*psp slim*
*W910i red*
*new external hard disk*
*new hairstyle*
*holiday*
*flying colours*
*driving license*
*Boo*



.RaNtS.